To get notified about a whole class of items whenever one is created or changed, monitor the folder that contains the items.
In CollabNet TeamForge, a folder is a container for multiple items. Any container can be considered a folder, even if it is not explicitly called a folder.
- A document folder contains documents.
- A task folder contains tasks.
- A tracker is a folder that contains tracker artifacts.
- A forum is a folder that contains discussion topics.
- A repository is a folder that contains code commits.
- A package is a folder that contains files.
- Select the folder that you want to begin monitoring. For example, in a project where you are a member, click Source Code in the navigation bar and select one of the code repositories in the project.
- Click the Monitor down arrow, then choose Monitor Current Folder.
You are now monitoring the folder. The icon is displayed in the top row of the list view, and the monitored folder appears in the monitored items list on your personal Monitoring page.
Note: You do not receive monitoring notifications for changes that you yourself make to an item in a monitored folder.
To stop monitoring a folder, click the Monitor down arrow, then choose Stop Monitoring Folder.
Note: You can also stop monitoring any item from the monitored items list on your personal Monitoring page.