To help users handle their tracker items effectively, you can set up some workflow rules. Workflow rules require a user to do something to a tracker before they can reassign it or update its status.
Administrators can define these kinds of workflow rules:
- Status transitions that a user can make based on an artifact's current status.
- For example, if an artifact is Open, you can specify that it can be changed to Pending or Cannot Reproduce, but not to Closed.
- Status transitions that a user can make based on his or her role.
- For example, if an artifact is Pending, you can specify that only users with the role QA Engineer can change it to Closed.
- Field values that a user must provide when making a specific status change.
- For example, if an artifact is Closed, you can specify that a user must enter a comment in the Comments field before changing the artifact's status to Open. You can also require an attachment.
You can create a workflow for each combination of tracker status values in a tracker.