A tracker artifact can be a parent or a child to another artifact.
- A child artifact can have only one parent.
- A parent artifact can have any number of children.
- A parent artifact cannot be closed if a child is open.
To create a new parent/child artifact of an existing artifact:
- Click on the Dependencies tab of the artifact.
- Click on Create New Parent or Create New Child. Fill in the form as you would for submitting an unrelated artifact.
- Click Next.
- Enter a comment that describes the relationship, if appropriate.
- Click Finish.
Note: If Choose Parent or Create New Parent is not visible, the artifact already has a parent artifact.