To let users type in data, create a text entry field.
A tracker can have up to 30 text fields.
- Click Project Admin in the project navigation bar.
- Click Tracker Settings.
- Click the tracker to which you want to add a text field.
- On the Tracker Layout tab, click Add Field.
- On the Create Field page, provide a name for the field.
- Configure the shape of the field with the Field Width and Field Height fields.
- To help users enter the right text values, select Use Text Validation and supply a regular expression that describes the appropriate values. This can help reduce errors and keep your team's data as meaningful as it can be. For more detailed instructions, see Validate text entries in a tracker artifact
- Click Save Field. The new field is created.