Updating the information in tracker artifacts is one important way that project members can work together effectively.
For example, when the work defined in the tracker item is completed, change its status from Open to Fixed.
Your tracker administrator may have set up workflow rules that constain your ability to do certain kinds of updates. For example, an administrator may have specified that only users with the "QA Engineer" role can change an artifact's status from Open to Closed.
A project manager might also change an artifact's priority, return it to the submitter for additional clarification, or assign it to a project member for resolution or action.
Generally, the project member to whom the tracker artifact is assigned will update the status. Any project member with the appropriate permissions can add comments.
- Click Tracker in the project navigation bar.
- On the list of project trackers, click the tracker artifact you want to update.
- On the Artifact Details page, click Edit.
- On the Edit Artifact Details page, make your changes and click Save.
- Back on the Artifact Details page, change any other fields that need updating, and click Update.