When a tracker artifact is related to other CollabNet TeamForge items, such as tasks, documents, integrated application objects, or discussions, you can connect the tracker artifact to the other item by creating an association.
Creating associations between items helps you to define relationships, track dependencies, and enforce workflow rules.
- Click Tracker in the project navigation bar.
- On the list of project trackers, find the tracker artifact with which you want to create an association. Use the filter if needed.
- Click the artifact title.
- On the Artifact Details page, click the Associations tab. The list of existing associations appears.
- Click Add.
In the Add Association Wizard window, select the items
with which you want to associate the artifact:
Enter Item ID - If you know the item's ID, you
can enter it directly. Note: To associate an object in an integrated application from within CollabNet TeamForge, use the [<prefix_objectid>] format. Successful associations appear hyperlinked.Tip: Each integrated application displays its prefix on moving the mouse over the application name in the tool bar.
- Add From Recently Viewed - Select one of the last ten items you looked at during this session.
- Add From Recently Edited - Select one of the last ten items you changed.
- Enter Item ID - If you know the item's ID, you can enter it directly.
- Click Next.
- In the Add Association comments window, describe the reason for the association.
Save your work.
- Click Finish and Add Another to add additional associations.
- Click Finish to return to the Details page.
Note: To remind yourself of the details of the association later, look in the Change Log tab of the associated Artifact Details page.