As work proceeds on a tracker artifact, its focus may change. If this happens, it may be appropriate to move the artifact into a different tracker, or to a tracker in a different project.
To move a tracker artifact between projects, you must have the tracker administration permission in both the source and destination projects.
You can move one or more tracker artifacts in the same operation.
- Click Tracker in the project navigation bar.
- On the list of project trackers, click the title of the tracker containing the tracker artifact that you want to move.
- Select the tracker artifact (or artifacts) that you want to move, and Then click Cut. CollabNet TeamForge removes the tracker artifacts and places them on the clipboard.
- Go to the tracker into which you want to paste the tracker artifacts.
Note: To move the tracker artifacts into another project, first find the destination project using your Projects menu.
- Click Paste.
- If all artifact assignees have the appropriate permissions in the destination tracker, the tracker artifacts are now moved.
- If not, the Paste Artifacts window tells you how many tracker artifacts cannot be reassigned automatically.
- Choose one of the following methods to reassign any unassigned tracker artifacts.
- Reassign Artifacts to: - Assigns all unassigned tracker artifacts to the project member you select.
- Myself - Reassigns all unassigned tracker artifacts to you.
- Click Next.
The tracker artifacts are now moved to the destination tracker. The details of the move are recorded in the Change Log tab of the Artifact Details page.
- If the project members to whom the tracker artifacts are assigned have the appropriate permissions in the destination project, the tracker artifacts are automatically reassigned to the same project members. If not, you are offered several options for reassigning them.
- If both trackers use the same user-defined fields and field values, values in these fields are retained.
- If each tracker uses different user-defined fields or field values:
- Values are set to the default value, if one was specified by the tracker administrator. Default values are mandatory for required fields.
- Values are set to None, if no default value was specified by the tracker administrator.