Create a new forum topic to begin discussion of a new subject.
A forum topic is similar to an email, in that you can use it communicate with other people subscribed to the forum, as if it were an email list. If the forum owner has enabled the forum to work as a mailing list, then you can post to the forum by email as well.
- Click Discussions in the project navigation bar.
- On the Forum Summary page, click the title of the forum in which you want to create a topic.
- On the Topic Summary page, click Create.
- On the Create a Topic page, describe the topic in the Subject field.
- Write the message in the Message field. After the topic is created, other users can reply to this message.
If you want the message sent by email to people who are not members of
the forum, add their email addresses to the Other
Recipients field. If there is more than one, put
commas, semicolons or spaces between them.
Note: In a moderated discussion forum, addresses in the Other Recipients field get your message only after the moderator approves the message.
- To add an attachment to the topic, click Browse and select the file.
- Click Save.