When a forum message concerns some other CollabNet TeamForge item, such as a document, a tracker artifact, a file release, a code commit, or a task, link the message to the item under discussion by creating an association.
Creating associations between items enables you to define relationships, track dependencies, and enforce workflow rules.
- Click Discussions in the project navigation bar.
- On the Forum Summary page, find the forum message with which you want to create an association. Any existing associations are displayed in the Associations section.
- Click Associate.
In the Add Association Wizard window, select the items
with which you want to associate the artifact:
Enter Item ID - If you know the item's ID, you
can enter it directly. Note: To associate an object in an integrated application from within CollabNet TeamForge, use the [<prefix_objectid>] format. Successful associations appear hyperlinked.Tip: Each integrated application displays its prefix on moving the mouse over the application name in the tool bar.
- Add From Recently Viewed - Select one of the last ten items you looked at during this session.
- Add From Recently Edited - Select one of the last ten items you changed.
- Enter Item ID - If you know the item's ID, you can enter it directly.
- Click Next.
- In the Add Association comments window, describe the reason for the association.
Save your work.
- Click Finish and Add Another to add additional associations.
- Click Finish to return to the Details page.