If a file release is related to other TeamForge items, such as documents, tasks, tracker artifacts, integrated application objects, or news items, you can connect the file release to the other item by creating an association.
Creating associations between items helps you define relationships, track dependencies, and enforce workflow rules. Some example uses of file release associations include:
- Associate a release with a requirements document.
- Associate a beta release with a task related to managing the beta program.
- Associate a release with tracker artifacts representing bugs fixed in the release.
Note: You can also associate tracker artifacts such as bugs and feature requests with the related file releases. You do this as part of working with the tracker.
- Click File Releases in the project navigation bar.
- On the Package Summary page, click the title of the package containing the release with which you want to create an association.
- On the Package Details page, click the title of the release.
- On the Release Details page, click the Associations tab and click Add.
In the Add Association Wizard window, select the items
with which you want to associate the artifact:
Enter Item ID - If you know the item's ID, you
can enter it directly. Note: To associate an object in an integrated application from within CollabNet TeamForge, use the [<prefix_objectid>] format. Successful associations appear hyperlinked.Tip: Each integrated application displays its prefix on moving the mouse over the application name in the tool bar.
- Add From Recently Viewed - Select one of the last ten items you looked at during this session.
- Add From Recently Edited - Select one of the last ten items you changed.
- Enter Item ID - If you know the item's ID, you can enter it directly.
- Click Next.
- In the Add Association comments window, describe the reason for the association.
Save your work.
- Click Finish and Add Another to add additional associations.
- Click Finish to return to the Details page.