When one task cannot be done unless another task is done first, set up a dependency to track the relationship between the two tasks.
For example, if the deadline for a task changes, the tasks that depend on that task can automatically be rescheduled to reflect the change.
- Click Tasks in the project navigation bar.
- On the Task Summary page, find the task folder containing the task to which you want to add dependencies.
- Click the task name.
- On the Task Details page, click the Dependencies tab.
- On the Task Dependencies page, click Add in the Predecessors or Successorssection.
In the Add Predecessor window or the Add
Successor window, choose a task.
Note: To create multiple dependencies, enter multiple task IDs separated by commas, or use the ctrl key and select multiple tasks from the history list.
- Enter Task ID - If you know the task ID, you can enter it directly.
- Add from History - The History is a list of tasks that you have submitted or edited.
- Click Next.
The Add Predecessor or the Add Successor window shows the dependencies you have added.