Create a task when you identify a unit of work that you want to track to completion as part of your project.
Tip: You can also create tasks by synchronizing task data with Microsoft Project.
- Click Tasks in the project navigation bar.
- On the Task Summary page, go to the task folder in which you want to create the task.
- Click Create.
- On the Create Task page, provide a name and description for the task.
- Assign the task a priority between 1 (highest) and 5 (lowest).
- Assign the task to an individual. Click the people icon to list the project members to whom you can assign the task.
Assign the task a status.
- Not Started
- Give the task a start and end date. Click the calendar icon to select dates.
- In the Estimated Hours field, write the time you think is needed to complete the task.
Specify whether the time estimate is based on a five-day or seven-day
Note: Choose a seven-day calendar to assign a start or end date that falls on on a weekend.
Save your work.
- Click Save and View Task to keep defining the task.
- Click Save to save the task and quit.