To perform a one-way import of tasks from CollabNet TeamForge to Microsoft Project, use a blank Microsoft Project file to synchronize.
Note: You must have the task administration permission for the CollabNet TeamForge project with which you want to synchronize your Microsoft Project plan.
- Open a blank Microsoft Project file.
- In Microsoft Project, select File > CollabNet TeamForge > Synchronize with CollabNet TeamForge .
- If you have not logged in to your CollabNet TeamForge site, the Log In window appears. Supply your credentials and server name and do so now.
- If your project plan does not have the journal file required for synchronization, the Setup for Synchronization window appears. Answer Yes for the journal file to be created.
In the Selection Dialog, select the task folder whose tasks you
want to import, and click Next.
Note: The window displays all CollabNet TeamForge projects of which you are a member, and all task folders in each project.
If there is any data that could prevent successful synchronization, the
Warnings Fields window is displayed.
- Click Cancel, and correct the issues identified in this window.
- When you're done, click OK in the Warnings Fields window .
- In the Synchronization Summary window, click OK to proceed with the synchronization.
- When Microsoft Project asks you whether you want to save your changes, select OK.
The tasks from your CollabNet TeamForge task folder are imported into your Microsoft Project plan.