When a task's focus or status changes, it may be useful to move it to a more appropriate task folder.
To move a task between projects, you must have task administration permission in both the source and destination projects.
If the project members to whom the tasks are assigned have the appropriate permissions in the destination project, the tasks are automatically reassigned to the same project members. If not, you must reassign them.
- Click Tasks in the project navigation bar.
- On the Task Summary page, go to the task folder containing the task you want to move.
- Select the tasks you want to move and click Cut.
Go to the folder to which you want to move the tasks, and click
Note: To move the tasks into another project, first find the destination project using your Projects menu.
- If the destination folder is in the same project, the tasks are now moved.
- If the destination folder is in a different project, the Paste Tasks window appears.
- If the project members to whom the tasks are assigned don't have the appropriate permissions in the destination project, reassign the tasks to another project member or to yourself.
- Click Next.