Search for a document by its title, its content, the project or folder in which it is located, its file type, or its creation date.
If you don't know which project to search, or want to search for documents and other types of items simultaneously, use global search.
- Click Documents in the project navigation bar.
- Click Search Documents.
On the Document Search Criteria page, enter the desired
Tip: You can use wildcards.
- To search by name, enter the text of the document name in the Search Name field.
- To search by name or description, enter the text in the Search Keywords field and select Search Name and Description.
- To search by document content, enter the text in the Search Keywords field and Search Within Document.
- To search all document versions, select Search All Versions.
- To search by location: If you know the document is located in the current folder, check the current folder in the Category field. Otherwise, the default Root Category searches all document folders in the project.
- To search by author, enter the user name in the Edited or Updated By field. Click the People icon to display a list of project members.
- To search by date range, enter the start and end dates for the search. Click the Calendar icon to select dates from a calendar.
- Click Search.
CollabNet TeamForge lists the documents matching your search criteria. From this page, you can open or view the details of each document.