When a document is related to other CollabNet TeamForge items such as tasks, tracker artifacts, file releases, or news items, you can connect the document to the other item by creating an association.
Creating associations between items enables you to define relationships, track dependencies, and enforce workflow rules. Some example uses for document associations include:
- Associate a requirements document with supporting feature requests or bugs in the tracker.
- Associate a document, or a document review, with the task that requires it as a deliverable.
- Associate a master document, such as a product plan, with other supporting documents such as a test plan or beta plan.
- Associate a product announcement document with a file release.
- Click Documents in the project navigation bar.
- Using the document tree, find the folder containing the document to which you want to add an association. Select the document by checking the box, then click Details.
- On the Document Details page, click the Associations tab.
- Click Add.
In the Add Association Wizard window, select the items
with which you want to associate the artifact:
Enter Item ID - If you know the item's ID, you
can enter it directly. Note: To associate an object in an integrated application from within CollabNet TeamForge, use the [<prefix_objectid>] format. Successful associations appear hyperlinked.Tip: Each integrated application displays its prefix on moving the mouse over the application name in the tool bar.
- Add From Recently Viewed - Select one of the last ten items you looked at during this session.
- Add From Recently Edited - Select one of the last ten items you changed.
- Enter Item ID - If you know the item's ID, you can enter it directly.
- Click Next.
- In the Add Association comments window, describe the reason for the association.
Save your work.
- Click Finish and Add Another to add additional associations.
- Click Finish to return to the Details page.