You can create a document by uploading a file or by entering the text directly into CollabNet TeamForge.
You can also create a document in CollabNet TeamForge automatically detects the file extension for many common file types.
- Click Documents in the project navigation bar.
- Using the document tree, find the folder in which you want to create the document, and click Create. You can create a document in the root document folder or any other document folder.
- On the Create Document page, enter a name and description for the document.
Identify the status of the document.
- Draft - The document is not yet completed.
- Final - The document is finished.
- If you want to prevent others from editing the document, select Lock Document.
Select the document creation method.
- To upload a document, select Upload From File and browse to the desired file.
- To enter the content as text, select Create Online.
- Write any comments you may have about this version of the document.
Save your changes:
- Click Save to save the document and return to the document list view.
- Click Save and View Document to save the document and display the document details.