Importing an Existing Repository into Subversion
If you have a Subversion instance setup outside of CloudForge, and would like to migrate it to CloudForge, please follow these article.
What you need...
Before you start, please make sure to have:
- A .zip or .7z file containing only your SVN dump - Talk to your current SVN admin for this. Here some suggestions:
- Get the dump: $ svnadmin dump /path/to/repository > myRepository.dump
- Zip it: $ zip myRepo.zip myRepository.dump
- Important note: Compress the dump file directly. Do not place it in a directory and compress it. Doing so will cause the import to fail.
- Or use svnrdump
- A CloudForge admin account (Get a Free Trial)
- A CloudForge Project with an empty (blank) Subversion repository.
Import SVN dump
On the Project page > SVN > Import Repository
Next, select the zipped dump file from your computer, and select 'Begin Upload':
If your import process fails due to some error in the UI, contact CloudForge support on importing your repository.